Design and Developed by Dian Yuliasari | All rights reserved. © 2017 Cup Of Scarf. Powered by Blogger.

Jogja Photo Diary

by - May 29, 2015


"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" 
Saint Augustine


Jogja. It has been my favorite city to visit after Jakarta. The culture that they have and maintain, is always make me feel relaxed. I think it's because the different vibe between Jogja and the city that I live in. Surabaya, it's metropolis. Every day, what I see at the streets are car, motorbike, and traffic jam.

I was visiting Jogja my friend, Sheila. I was visiting so many places from cafe, art gallery, temple, beach and a lot of other places. I was there for only 3 days, so I'm not really satisfied because of the rush but I'm very glad we did it in a short time. I was visiting all the places with public transport, Trans Jogja. Trans Jogja is public bus that help us, the tourist, get everywhere with very low cost. Only IDR 3000 we can get from the hotel where we stay to Prambanan Temple. 


Second day, I visited Kraton Kesultanan Yogyakarta and Taman Sari. I ride dokar (horse-drawn carriage) from Malioboro to get there. I don't remember how much I spent for the ride, but it was around IDR 30.000. It was really nice to enjoy Yogyakarta from the back of the carriage. It was feel so traditional and antique yet so relaxing.

I didn't take a lot of photos at Kraton because my camera had error like hundred times. But I was enjoying myself looking at the interior and being caught at history. The interior is very luxurious but still has condensed traditional atmosphere. 


Same trouble I get when we were at Taman Sari. I had no idea why my camera was having error 99 almost all the time. Bzzzz. But, I have few pictures to show you what I enjoyed while I was there.

Taman sari is a waterplace where Sultan was doing traditional rituals. Many years ago, this place was used for Sultan and empress doing the bath and soak. Now, this place is becoming tourist attraction. Taman sari has vast land, it's about two hectares. If you feel lost, there will be a tourist guide for you ready to take you go around Taman Sari.   


I didn't stepped on the sand beach since I was seven grade. Finally, for the last day when I was in Jogja, I visited Indrayanti Beach, Gunung Kidul. Sheila and I visited Gunung Kidul in third day because the travel agent was just available that day because it was peak season. It took almost 2 hours to get Gunung Kidul. First stop was Cave Tubing Pindul. Sorry guys, I didn't took any pictures. If you are wondering, go searching with google with keyword "Goa Pindul" :) And then was this amazing place, Indrayanti Beach! The plan was this beach, Wedi Ombo, Baron, and Kukup (all of them is beach, and they actually in a line!), sadly, it was raining :(    

And that's it. It was all my journey for three days. Sorry for not all the pictures I can post here. A lot of them has black spot because of my camera. Now, I have plan my holiday with summer internship and maybe a I will visited Bali for short vacation (if I have time, of course).

Happy Holiday!

You May Also Like

1 thoughts

  1. Nice photos! Sounds like you had a great time in Yogyakarta:)

    ReplyDelete