Design and Developed by Dian Yuliasari | All rights reserved. © 2017 Cup Of Scarf. Powered by Blogger.

four years later

by - February 25, 2023

I don't know where to begin. Few days ago, I want to write and decided to activate this blog after such a long hiatus. Almost five years later, I was amazed with my younger self to have such ability to write proper blog posts (even contains with a lot of typos).



I am in different place where I used to be. We all are. Things have been changed a lot from the past five years. The internet, smartphone, and social media is more and more chaotic these days. All of things are happening at once and we are aware of that. Sometimes it's overwhelming. At the same time, I'm very grateful with abundance of information we can get within second through our phones in the palm of our hand.

While the last four year I was off from writing random things on this blog, I explored more on new things to learnI will write about it later on upcoming blog posts—that makes me happy because sometimes life is hard. I used my business as a distraction. 

This is why (properly) I need to write on this blog again. I need to take it slow and not making anything in a rush and create another distraction. In the past year I was consuming more than what I create. Same as every one I supposed. Things such a nostalgia became trend again. From film photography, 8mm turns into instagram filter, and y2k fashion started trending again. 


These outfit are also part of nostalgia. My friend took these pictures in 2020 just as regular instagram post with a phone—yep, a good thing: technology is growing really fast. In today's age, we don't necessary need to use DSLR to grab outfit pictures. In contrary of my amusement with technology, I wore these satin shirt was actually vintage from my mom's closet. My favorite era of fashion probably the 80s and 90s, they have some sort of romantic silhouette—as you can see: the cuff, the shoulder, and the collar. What I like from 80s fashion are also they didn't have too much contrast. The stripes pattern are just enough to make you look different. 

Inspiration come from any where, one of them can be from k-drama. I decided to wear this jacket again after seeing Bae Doona on Stranger 2 as Inspector Han Yeo-jin, I love her character and her style in this drama.  If you haven't watch the series, I suggest you spend your next free time stay at home and binge-watch this. So good! 


As I ride motorbike on daily basis, I paired this look with leather jacket that also a vintage that I found while thrift-shopping in 2016. I got the faux leather jacket at 100k rupiahs ($9) at thrift bazaar. Today? I don't think you can get this jacket at 100k even at thrift shop. The oversize silhouette makes it look more vintage-y and get more boyfriend looks with wide legged pants from Uniqlo U. My style didn't changed much, I still dressed like a boy and still love vintage items from my mother's. I rarely go shopping for the past 4 years.


To complete the look, I wore my trusty converse slip-on that are no longer around anymore. I've outgrown them since 2017 and they already tired to support my walk. What a timeless piece, I need to get the exact model... 







You May Also Like

0 thoughts